Senior Analytical Chemist
Ph.D. in Environmental science 2008 - 2015 Tel-Aviv University
M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry 1980 - 1982 The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
B.Sc. in Chemistry 1977 - 1980 The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Advisors: Prof. Dror Avisar - Tel Aviv University
Prof. Shmuel Carmeli - Tel Aviv University
Thesis: Identiﬁcation and Determination of Selected Pharmaceutical’s Degradation Products Formed Under Controlled Environmental Conditions
Advisors: Prof. M. Rabinovitz - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Prof. D. Avnir - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Dr. D. Ladkani - Teva Pharmaceutical Industrials Ltd.
Thesis: N-Alkylation of Intermediates in the Pharmaceutical Industry Using Phase Transfer Catalysis Technique
Since 1985 - Israel Chemicals Ltd. (ICL) TAMI (IMI), Central R&D Institute, Israel
Analytical Instrumentation Lab. Manager
- Isolation by preparative HPLC, and structure elucidation, using LC/MS, GC/MS, NMR and IR of organic compounds from organic reaction mixtures and natural sources.
- Method development by HPLC, LCMS, GC and GC/MS for areas such as Environmental, Volatile organic compounds, Food products, Pharmaceuticals, Flavor and fragrances, Medicinal Herbs, Amino acids, Peptides, Proteins, Sugars Etc.
- Validation of chromatographic methods for pharmaceuticals in aquatic environment, VOC level in water, air, soil and other matrixes, pharmaceuticals in biological fluids and in other matrixes and other organic compounds.
Since 1997 - Executive committee member of the Israeli Analytical Chemistry Society
Since 2008 - Teaching, Bioforum - Center for Applied Knowledge, Weizmann Science Park
2017 - Chairman of the 20th annual meeting of the Israel analytical chemistry society - Israel, 2017
Additional Professional Experience
Consultant for companies in areas such as:
- Pharmacology – HPLC methods development for the analysis of pharmaceutical compounds in biological matrixes
- Pharmaceuticals – HPLC methods development for the analysis of active ingredients in tablets and others matrixes
- Food additives – HPLC methods development for the analysis of vitamins in various matrixes
- Fragrances and flavors - GC methods development for the analysis of fragrances and flavors
- Refineries - GC methods development for the analysis of wax products
- Analytical services laboratories – GC and HPLC methods development for the analysis of various compounds and matrixes
- Pesticides – GC/MS methods development for the analysis of pesticides in fruits matrixes as well as laboratory 17025 certification assistance
Igal is supported by the Moshe Mirilishvli fellowship