Lakshmi Prasanna completed her Ph.D. from VIT University, Vellore. Her graduate research is “Nanocrystalline ZnO, ZnO2 and its Polymer Composites: Synthesis, Characterization and Environmental Remediation”. She joined as TAU postdoctoral fellow in 2018 in the Water research center. In 2021 she joined as a senior scientist, head of the technological unit in Water research center.
Her research interests include:
- Fabrication of photochemical filters based on nanomaterials for disinfection and degradation of micropollutants in water.
- Understanding degradation pathways of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) by Advance Oxidation Process (AOPs) and in natural environments.
- Nano-fabrication of carbon-based aerogel for degradation of POPs and disinfection.
- Antimicrobial high-touch surfaces using photocatalytic transparent films (metal oxide/metal peroxide)
- Developing AOPs for degradation of pharmaceuticals in wastewater.
- Translating developed AOPs from lab scale to pilot scale.
List of publications (Year ins ascending order)
- Lakshmi Prasanna.V and R.Vijayaraghavan (2015). Insight into the Mechanism of Antibacterial Activity of ZnO: Surface Defects Mediated Reactive Oxygen Species Even in the Dark, Langmuir, Vol, 31, No, 33, pp 9155–9162. (Impact Factor: 3.70)
- Lakshmi Prasanna.V and R.Vijayaraghavan (2016). A New Synergetic Nanocomposite for Dye Degradation in Dark and Light, Scientific Reports, Vol. 6, 38606. (Impact Factor: 4.12)
- Lakshmi Prasanna.V and R.Vijayaraghavan (2016). Chemical Manipulation of Oxygen Vacancy and Antibacterial Activity in ZnO, Materials Science and Engineering: C 2017, 77, 1027. (Impact Factor: 5.88)
- Lakshmi Prasanna.V and R.Vijayaraghavan (2017). Simultaneous Bridging Fenton –
Photocatalytic reactions through a New Single Catalyst (ZnO2 /Fe2+) for dye degradation,
The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 121 (34), pp 18557–18563 (Impact Factor:4.27)
- V. Lakshmi Prasanna, Hadas Mamane, Vinod Kumar Vadivel, Dror Avisar (2020). Ethanol-activated granular aerogel as an efficient adsorbent for persistent organic pollutants from real leachate and hospital wastewater, Journal of Hazardous Materials, Vol, 384, 121396. (Impact Factor:9.308)
- V. Lakshmi Prasanna, Hadas Mamane, Vinod Kumar Vadivel, Dror Avisar (2020). LP-UV-Nano MgO2 Pretreated Catalysis Followed by Small Bioreactor Platform Capsules Treatment for Superior Kinetic Degradation Performance of 17α-Ethynylestradiol (2020). Materials, Vol 13(1), 83. (Impact Factor: 3.057)
- Vinod Kumar Vadivel, Dror Avisar, V. Lakshmi Prasanna, Hadas Mamane, (2020) Rapid visible-light degradation of EE2 and its estrogenicity in hospital wastewater by crystalline promoted g-C3N4, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 398, 122880. (Impact Factor:9.308)
- Solid-phase extraction based on trimethylsilyloxy silica aerogel.VL Prasanna, I Gozlan, A Kaplan, D Zachor-Movshovitz, D Avisar, RSC Advances 11 (30), 18617-18622 (Impact factor: 3.07)
* "Metal peroxides-removal of dyes from effluents in absence and presence of light employing a novel nanocomposite" number- 348260, a patent granted
* "Peroxide modified alkaline earth metal hydroxides for heterogeneous catalytic ozonation of POPs" Patent submission under process