The 1st International conference on Innovations in Conflict Resolution and Mediation (ICRM)
Hosted at Tel-Aviv University in collaboration of the WRC-TAU institute of water managment and security
The 1st International conference on Innovations in Conflict Resolution and Mediation (ICRM) will be hosted by the Tel-Aviv University department of public policy, on November 7-9th, 2018.
The following two Water, Environment and Conflict Resolution sessions, will be organized by the water management and security institute of the Water Research Center:
1) Water Management: Assessment of Present Conditions in Israel, Jordan and Palestine;
2) Cooperation between Neighboring Countries in the Middle East.
The program anticipates a range of government and non-government institutional partners. Among the different additional topics to be included in the program, are:
- Inclusive peace processes;
- Learning and reflection within deep conflict and managing intractable conflicts;
- Cognition, brain physiology and conflicts;
- Ethical conduct in military conflict and its contribution to lasting peace;
- Humanitarian aid and its contribution to conflict resolution.
- The potential of environmental protection and nature conservation to promote coexistence and build trust;
- The role of hi-tech entrepreneurial ventures in bridging conflict; and
- A “World Mediation Summit” where new ideas in mediation can be presented and evaluated.
In addition to the formal academic lectures, meetings and gala events, the conference facilitates a range of field trip options for participants to experience local innovations in conflict management. These include visits with myriad, local groups and initiatives involving relevant projects in the field of conflict resolution and mediation.
For more details and registration please visit the conference website https://csc2018.herokuapp.com/website/index#faqs-section-5